Thursday, March 5, 2009

Guess the author #4

(The answer to the last "Guess the author" is William Blake. The verses are from Auguries of Innocence.)

He that is down need fear no fall;
He that is low, no pride;
He that is humble, ever shall
Have God to be his Guide.

I am content with what I have,
Little be it, or much;
And, Lord, contentment still I crave,
Because Thou savest such.

Fullness to such a burden is,
That go on pilgrimmage;
Here little, and hereafter bliss,
Is best from age to age.


Pilgrimmage is going to become more and more an object of reflection in this blog as July approaches, since my buddy T.N. and I are planning on doing the Via Francigena, from Canterbury ad limina apostolorum, to the precincts of the apostles, the Vatican, this summer: the whole distance on foot, with backpacks!

No comments:

Post a Comment